Over 31,000 elders applied for Respond, Recover and Rebuild Elder Assistance. A $400 check will be mailed to elders directly, starting this week. For those elders in the reservation, a $1,200 payment will be made soon directly to utility companies. Questions: elders@cherokee.org

Tax Commission

Cherokee Nation Attn: Tax Commission P.O. Box 948 Tahlequah, OK 74465

Business Licensing

Every retail business enterprise must apply for and receive from the commission a retail sales license prior to establishing any place of business or retail outlet for the sale of products on restricted tribal lands. 


  • Applicant must be a Cherokee tribal citizen.
  • Applicant must own or lease restricted Indian land.

The land must be located within the jurisdictional boundaries of the Cherokee Nation.