Education Services

918-453-5000 ext. 5286
17675 S. Muskogee Ave Tahlequah, OK 74464

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a paper application for the Cherokee Nation Stole/Honor Cord Program?

Yes, the Cherokee Nation stole application can be downloaded and printed. Completed applications should be sent to collegeresources@cherokee.org

The stole and honor cord application will be available on the Gadugi Portal March 5, 2024.

Do I have to perform Volunteer Hours?

Students who receive the Cherokee Nation Concurrent Enrollment, Undergraduate, and Graduate scholarship are required to perform volunteer hours based on the amount of funding received or complete the alternative method. For example: A student who receives $2,250 is required to volunteer 22 hours, or one hour for each $100 received. If a student decides not to complete the hours or the alternative method before the deadline, funding may be jeopardized.

Where can I perform my community service?

Community Service can be done with any non-profit organization, Cherokee Nation or at a Cherokee Nation sponsored event regardless of location. Must be humanitarian/community-based efforts.

My grades will not be available until after the deadline, what can I do?

Students whose grades will not be available until after the deadline, may submit a letter from their College or University stating when grades will be posted that can be uploaded with all other required documentation by the scholarship deadline.

I dropped a class this semester; how does that affect my scholarship?

Awards are based off of the previous semester’s earned hours and community service:

Undergraduate Scholarship

Hours earned = 0-5hrs = no funding
Hours earned = 6-11hrs = part-time funding
Hours earned Fall = 12hrs or more = full-time funding

Graduate Scholarship

Hours earned = 0-2hrs = no funding
Hours earned = 3-5hrs = part-time funding
Hours earned = 6hrs or more = full-time funding

Concurrent Enrollment Scholarship

Students must pass and earn all hours for all classes taken, per the required college class schedule for the semester

Is there a paper application to fill out for the Cherokee Nation Chief and Deputy Chief Honor Awards (formerly Valedictorian/Salutatorian Scholarship), Cherokee Nation Concurrent Enrollment Scholarship, Cherokee Nation Undergraduate Scholarship, or the Cherokee Nation Graduate Scholarship?

No. Students need to complete the online application located on the Gadugi Portal and upload the required documents to the application.

What is the FAFSA Submission Summary?

The FAFSA Submission Summary is the processed information from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA website link: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa