Repossession Fee $55.00
Repossession Affidavit may be found in downloadable forms.
The repossessing lender must provide the following documentation in order for the Repossession Application to be approved:
- Properly completed Repossession Affidavit.
- Tribal Repossession Titles and Oklahoma Tax Commission Motor Vehicle Division (August 19, 2002). If the Repossession Title is in the name of the lending institution only and it is a tribal title OTC will charge back taxes. When a tribal title has been issued in the name of a lending institution and an individual tribal member, OTC will allow the lending institution to assign ownership to themselves, provided they submit verification the individual listed on the tribal title was a member of the title issuing tribe.
- If the tribal title presented has language on its face declaring that issuance of the title confirms membership of the titled owner in that tribe, OTC will accept the title with no additional membership verification required. “Its hereby certified according to the records of the Cherokee Nation, the person named herein is a Citizen of this Nation”
- Actual or certified copy or chattel mortgage, conditional sales contract or other type security agreement.
- Note: Contract must indicate the vehicle, boat, or outboard motor has been pledged as collateral as lists a complete description of the unit along with a vehicle identification number or hull identification number.
- An acceptable, signed and dated Cherokee Nation Lien Release Form: Which can consist of one of these 4 options: Copy #1, #2, or #3 of Lien Release Form 75-01 OR BM-75 OR Certified Copy of Copy #1, #2, or #3 of Lien Release OR A Lien Release Affidavit Letter OR Copy #3 (blue) and Copy #4 (green) Form 2.11 Lien Release OR Certified Copy of #1 Form 2.11. If more than one (1) lien holder, the following is also required:
- A copy of a certified letter from the repossession lender notifying the second lien holder of the intent to repossess.
- Letter must be dated at least ten (10) days prior to the date of the repossession affidavit is processed by the Cherokee Nation motor license agen or the Motor Vehicle Division.
- The post office receipt or the return receipt (green card) signed by the second lienholder is required as proof of mailing.
- If the second lienholder is making application for a repossession title, signed and dated lien release Copy #1, #2, or #3 of Lien Release Form 75-01 OR BM-75 OR Certified Copy of Copy #1, #2, or #3 of Lien Release OR A Lien Release Affidavit Letter OR Copy #3 (blue) and Copy #4 (green) Form 2.11 Lien Release OR Certified Copy of #1 Form 2.11.
- If a motor vehicle, Insurance Security Verification Form reflecting all required information or a Cherokee Nation Tax Commission Form 31-01-Affidavit of Non-Use in Lieu of Liability Insurance.
- Manufactured Homes: Must have proof of current calendar year taxes paid on and OTC Form 936 or a 936 marked taxes are not due. A 936 isn’t required if the manufactured home has current registration on the Cherokee Nation Tax Commission computer system.
Please direct any questions to the Cherokee Nation Tax Commission Motor Vehicle Division at (in state toll free) 1-800-256-0671, extension 3977 or (direct) 918-453-5100. Additional information is located in the Motor Vehicle Section of the Cherokee Nation website: www.cherokee.org