Child Support Services

The Cherokee Nation Office of Child Support Services (CNOCSS) opened its doors in July 2007 to help deliver child support services to tribal citizens. Our office provides genetic testing for paternity establishment; locate services, child support obligation establishments, and modification of child support orders. In addition, the program has a payment processing unit and ensures recordkeeping for all payment history and has a case management unit who routinely utilize various enforcement remedies to ensure regular child support payments. The program also provides a co-parenting class for all incoming applications as well as assessing and referring to programs for other needs the families may need to assist in supporting their children. 

Cherokee Nation Child Support Services strives to work in the best interest of the child. We work with all parties in a collaborative, supportive and neutral manner. Child support is more than just money; it is about assisting the family in ensuring all of the needs of the children and family are met.


The mission of the Cherokee Nation Office of Child Support Services is to partner with families and other programs to ensure the collaboration of services and resources are in place to build a stable environment for our children that will instill self-sufficiency and wellbeing.

Our goal is to strengthen Cherokee children, families and communities by ensuring a respectful, friendly environment where families can work together for the benefit of their children.


Cherokee children under the age of majority living within the boundaries of the Cherokee Nation are eligible to receive child support services. A Cherokee child under the age of majority is defined as a person under the age of 20 years old, who has not graduated from high school and is regularly attending public or private school.

We can generally assist any Native American family if they are willing to submit to Cherokee Nation tribal court jurisdiction and reside within our 14-county jurisdictional service area. Cherokee Nation Office of Child Support Services will serve the full county in cases where the jurisdictional service area takes in only a portion of the county.

Our office strives each day to ensure parents are supporting their children as we believe this to be in the best interest of the child.  We understand that providing support comes in a myriad of ways and we work to establish child support that is beneficial to each particular child and family.  We wish to work with each parent or guardian to ensure support is tailored to meet the individual needs of the child and the family. 

Parents are the greatest influence…

Your children learn how to be husbands, wives, fathers and mothers, men and women from watching you.